Do you want to use Signal on your Desktop Computer? If yes then you are at the right location. Just follow the given steps.
No one can deny the fact that these days, social media or messaging apps have become more like a necessity for us. The reason being that these apps helps us to stay connected with the outer world even if we do not meet them regularly. Along with this, it has also taken quite an important space in our work lives as well. However, you must have seen that most of the apps that you uses are tend to get hacked or are not highly encrypted. This is when Signal comes in picture! Signal is a privacy-focused messaging app that comes with a great end-to-end encryption which makes it one of the best one in the store out there.
The app is available for both mobile devices and your computers as well. There are a lot of people who wish to use Signal for desktop, mainly the ones who are using it for the official purposes because it gets highly convenient but do not know how to use it.
Steps to use Signal on your Desktop Computer
Here in this article we are going to tell you guys that how to use Signal on your Desktop computer in few simple steps –
- Here the first thing that you guys need to make sure that you have installed Signal app on your mobile device, be it an iOS or android device. This is because only then you will be able to use Signal for Desktop.
- Signal desktop app is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac. You need to install the app that is suitable for your computer.
- Once you have installed the Signal app on your Desktop, your first step will be to open the app. Once you open the app, a QR code will appear. This code is there to connect your mobile signal app with the desktop app. Without this, you will not be able to connect with the desktop app.
- Now your next step is to open the Signal app on your mobile device. Here you will have to go the settings of the app that you can easily find from the menu that is available in the app.
- In the settings of your Signal mobile app, you will have to search for “Linked Device” and it will take you to another menu. From here, you are required to click on “Link New Device”.
- Once you click on the “Link New Device”, Signal will ask you for the permission to use the camera so that it can scan the QR code.
- Now you need to scan the QR code with your Signal mobile app. Once you have scanned the code, your phone will now ask you the permission whether you wish to link the device or not. Here you will have to click on “Link Device” and it’s done!
- Your final step here is to go to the desktop app and enter the name for your computer and then click on “Finish Linking Phone”. It will now sync all the contacts and groups that are their on your mobile device and you are all set!
These were the few simple steps through which you can easily use Signal on your Desktop computer. Now there is no need to worry about how you can use the app on your Desktop as it is completely easy and convenient.