Today we are talking about one of that amazing security feature, Fingerprint Lock that has been added to the Whatsapp Messenger recently and people are loving it. This feature has added another level of security to your privacy while you are using this android application as no one else other than you can open WhatsApp as it will require your fingerprint.
There is no doubt that WhatsApp is one app that we all rely upon on a daily basis. It is a means of communication and connecting with other people for billions of people. WhatsApp has been considered as one of the best social media apps that people have been using all over the world. The developers of this app are trying to facilitate people with more and more features so that they will have an amazing experience while using the app.
Steps to enable Fingerprint Lock feature in WhatsApp
- First of all you need to have a fingerprint sensor on your mobile phone, only then you will be able to use this feature.
- Now, open WhatsApp and go to the settings in your app.
- In settings, you have to go to your account, from here you can manage everything of your account.
- Now finally when you tap on the account, you will see privacy option and in privacy go to the screen lock to enable this feature and it’s done.
When you set the fingerprint lock it will show you four different options, that are –
- Immediately – By immediately it means that it will ask for your fingerprint every time you open the WhatsApp. This option is there for extreme security.
- After 1 minute – If you don’t want to use this feature every time you open the app then you can choose the option ‘after 1 minute’. It will require fingerprint after every one minute when you open the app.
- After 15 minute – This option is for that time when you are having a conversation or doing something else in this app, then you can choose this option. With this option, it will ask for your fingerprint every time when you open WhatsApp after 15 minutes.
- After 1 hour – Now, if you don’t want to lock your app for a longer time then you can simply choose this option. It will ask for your fingerprint after every one hour.
For more information and latest updates stay tuned with GN Radar.