These days we are doing almost everything digitally, be it our office work, college project or anything else. Now in this, Microsoft Excel is playing a really huge role as it is helping us all in organising everything properly. If you’ve used Excel before then you must be very well aware of the fact that it keeps adding some amazing features every now and then. One of the most amazing features that you should be aware of is VLOOKUP. Here in this article, we are going to tell you what this function is and how you can make use of it.
The main reason why VLOOKUP has been introduced is to help you guys in searching for anything specific in the Excel sheet. It saves a lot of your time and makes things much easier for you all. You guys can use the VLOOKUP function to find out anything in your excel sheet without wasting any of your time.
Steps to Use Excel VLOOKUP Function
Here are a few simple steps that will help you guys in how you can use the VLOOKUP function –
- The first step is obviously to open your Excel sheet in which you wish to use this function. In case, you haven’t created an Excel sheet and you want to try this feature out then create one!
- After this, your next step will be to go to the “Formula Bar” and type “=VLOOKUP()”.
- When you’ve entered =VLOOKUP() in the formula bar, your next step will be to go to the parentheses and there you are required to enter your lookup value. You can enter whatever lookup value you want, just make sure that this value should be followed by a comma unless it won’t work. In the lookup value you can either add a blank cell or you can also enter the actual value.
- Now comes the next step! Now you are required to enter the lookup table or the table array to the formula. Here you will be entering the range of data that you are looking for and then put a comma after it. Just make sure that you don’t forget commas wherever it has been mentioned otherwise the formula won’t work.
- Once you are done with this, you are required to enter the column index number. You have to enter that column here in which you think that you would be able to find the answer. You have to keep this thing in mind that you will enter this column index number, by the right of the lookup values.
- Now comes the last step that will take you guys straight to your answer. Here you are required to enter TRUE or FALSE. If you are not sure of where your answer is then you have to enter TRUE with the lookup value. This will find all the partial matches to your search. For those who are very sure about the location of their answer, they need to enter FALSE with the lookup value as it is going to find the exact matches for you. Your formula should end with either TRUE or FALSE.
These were the few simple steps that tell you guys how you can use this feature on your Excel sheet. The one thing that you have to keep in mind is that you follow all the steps very carefully as only then you will be able to get desired results.
For more information and latest updates stay tuned with GN Radar.