It has been seen that many people have been facing the error code 66a while you shutdown or start your Windows PC. It is quite difficult for a lot of people to fix this error and are completely clueless of how they can do this. Well, here we are going to tell you that how you can fix the Windows Update Error Code 66a in few simple steps –
Steps to Fix the Windows Update Error Code 66a
Run SFC Scan –The first thing that you need to do here is run a SFC Scan on your Windows PC. Here is how to do that –
- First of all go to the “Start Menu” and then type cmd in the search menu.
- In this list, right-click on “Command Prompt” and from all the options, click on “Run as Administration”.
- Now in this window, type “sfc/scannow” and it will ultimately start the scanning process. Once this process is done, you need to restart your Windows PC.
Use Registry Cleaner– It has been detected that many times, this error occurs due to invalid registry key, software leftovers, and missing DLLs. Here is how you can deal with this –
- First of all you need to download a Windows Repair Software and here we have a really amazing one called Restoro. You can download it using the link that we have provided here.
- Once the application is launched on to your device, you need to open it and see if it has found any kind of system stability issues or any infections.
- Now, click on “Start Repair” and when it’s done, restart your PC and you won’t face that error anymore.
System Restore in Safe Mode– The third thing that you can try here is to run the system restore in a safe mode.
- First of all, shut down your Windows PC and then turn it on again.
- Now go to the “Run in Safe Mode” option and press enter to start.
- After this, you are required to go to Start and then type “system restore” there. Once you are done, press enter to continue.
- Now follow all the prompts and then wait for the whole process to finish. Once it is done, reboot your computer and you are all set!
Revert Windows Update Changes– If you are still facing the issue then you can try to revert the Windows update changes.
- Here you need go to the settings app first and there search for, “Update & Security section.
- In this section, click on “Recovery” that is found in the left pane.
- It will now show you various options and you need to go to “Go back to the previous version on Windows 10” and under that you will see “Get Started” button, click on that.
- Now you will see that the recent updates have been uninstalled and you won’t be facing this issue anymore.
Scan PC for Malware – Another reason why people have been facing this error 66a, is due to any hidden malware. In case you are facing this issue due to the malware infection, you are required to download any antivirus software that will run the security scan on your device and will let you know what is infecting your computer. There are dozens of such software available in the market, you can opt for any one of them.
These were some of the options that you guys can try out to fix the Windows Update Error Code 66a without any difficulty.
For more information and latest updates stay tuned with GN Radar.