For the past some time, it has been noted that several users face trouble while loading the Fortnite game which is one of the most famous battle royale game. An error Oxc00007b comes up on their screen whenever they try to launch the game. Well, here we are to tell you how you can fix Fortnite error oxc00007b easily through various methods.
Steps to Change Fortnite Application Settings for Error Oxc00007b
Here the first method that can help you to deal with this virus is changing the Fortnite application settings and here is how you can do that –
- The first step is to open the “Run Window” and to do that you need to press Windows + R together.
- Once the window is open, “type” explorer there and click on OK. This will directly take you to File Explorer.
- In the File Explorer, you will have to find “Local Disk”. In the local disk, first of all go to the “Program Files” and there you will find the “Epic Games” option. In the Epic Games folder, you will find “Fortnite”, click on that.
- Now from here, you need to find where Fortnite is installed and go to that folder. In that folder, you will have to right-click on the file that ends with shipping.exe.
- Once you right-click on the file, a menu will open from there you will have to go to the “Properties”. In the properties, there is a “compatibility” option and by clicking on that, you will see “disable fullscreen optimization” on the bottom of the screen.
- Now the last step is to check “run as administrator” and then click OK. Now you are all set and this shall remove the error from the game.
Steps to Reinstall Fortnite Game
One of the most common method that most of the people out there relies upon is to reinstall the game. You can either delete the application directly but in order to completely remove it, here are the steps that you need to follow –
- First of all, go to the “Control Panel” and from there you will be able to find “Add and Remove” option for different programs on your computer.
- In the “Add and Remove” program, you will see “Programs and Features” among all the options available there.
- After entering into the programs and features option, you guys will be able to see all the applications that are installed onto your device. In the list of applications, you need to search for “Fortnite and Epic game launcher”.
- These are two different options and you need to select both of them and then delete them. This will completely uninstall Fortnite from your device and then you can download the fresh game from the store.
How to Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
There are high chances that your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is corrupted due to which you are unable to launch Fortnite on your device. To fix this, you need to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and here are the steps –
- Here you first step is to open the “Control Panel” and there you will see the option of “Add/Remove Programs”.
- From here select, “Program and Features” option, this will open all the programs which are there on your computer.
- Find out “Visual C++ Redistributable” and then right click on it and click on “uninstall” option. This will uninstall it from your device and then you can reinstall the updated version of the program.
These were three simple methods through which you can easily remove Oxc00007b error from the Fortnite game.