Ever since people have started using Windows 11, it is seen that many people are facing this error called Black Screen of Death which might be because several reasons. Here in this article, we are going to tell you that how you can fix Black Screen of Death in Windows 11.
Here, we are providing you few simple methods that can be used to fix the Black Screen of Death in Windows 11 –
Method 1 – Remove External Hard Drive
One thing that you can try doing here is removing the external hard drive on your Windows PC. It has been seen that a lot of times, people are facing this error due to the external hard drive that is connected to their laptop or PC. In case, you are also facing this issue because of the same reason then, you can simply unplug all the external storage device or any external hardware that is connected to the system and then check if you are still facing the issue or is it resolved.
Method 2 – Kill Virus/Remove Malware
If you are not using a good antivirus software on your device, it is quite obvious that it gets attracted to the virus or other malware. It is almost next to impossible to protect your device from the virus. So, in case you are facing Black Screen of Death issue then, you can simply run a virus scan or search if your device is infected by any malware.
If you are not using any antivirus software then you are required to download one and run the virus scan to find the infected device. There is a huge probability that you won’t be facing this error after removing the viruses or malware from your device.
Method 3 – Reboot Windows 11 in Safe Mode
Another way of dealing with this error is by rebooting Windows 11 in Safe Mode. Here is how you can do that –
- The first thing that you need to do here is shut down your computer by pressing the power button for around 10 seconds. You need to repeat the same process three times.
- Now on the screen, you need to click on “Troubleshoot” in “Choose an Option” section. After entering troubleshoot, go to “Advanced Options” and this will open different options for you.
- Now enter the Startup Settings and there you will see different options for enabling the safe mode. You can just enter safe mode by pressing F4, F5, or F6 and keep following the onscreen instructions and it’s all set!
Method 4 – Uninstall or Update Drivers
You can also try updating and uninstalling drivers that are problematic. Here are the steps to do that –
Update Driver Software:
- First of all go to the “Device Manager” on your Microsoft PC and then go to the “Disk Drives” section.
- Now select the disk driver and then go to the “Update Driver Software”. In this section, click on “Search automatically for Updated Driver Software” and it will install the updated driver software.
Uninstall the Problematic Drivers:
- Here also you need to run the “Device Manager” and go to the “Disk Drives” section.
- In this section, you are required to select the problematic driver and right click on it. This will open a drop down menu and there, click on “Uninstall”.
- Now just need to wait until the process is complete and then reboot your PC and you are done!
These were some of the methods that you can try to fix Black Screen of Death in Windows 11 easily without facing any kind of difficulty.
For more information and latest updates stay tuned with GN Radar.