Google Play Services for Android
Google Play Services is an application that helps us to update Google applications and other apps from Playstore. Basically, it is an API package for all existing Android mobile phones from Google. The application provides the core functions of an Android operating system like authentication to your Google services, synchronized contacts, access to all the new user privacy settings, and higher quality, lower-powered location-based services.
It also helps in enhancing other apps’ quality and working speed. It’s capable of boosting up offline searches and providing more immersive maps, and improving gaming experiences. This APK file contains the individual Google services and it will run as a background service on your android phone.
Download Google Play Services APK | Latest Version 2022
|Application Name||Google Play Services|
|Total Size||95.78 MB|
|Minimum Requirements||Min: Android 12 (API 31)|
Target: Android 13 (API 33)
If you have downloaded the previous version of Play Services then don’t uninstall that application, just click on this download link the, the previous version will automatically be updated to the newer one. The above-provided file has been extracted from the official google play store and it’s 100% safe to download.
Google Play Services 2022 APK- Main Features
Google Play services provides APIs for several features, including:
- Google Maps API– Google Play Services is an API that allows other applications to access Google Maps without leaving the app. Apps that book cab services or allow users to navigate hotels they have booked are examples of apps that use Google Play Services.
- Location API-The Fused Location provider allows apps to conserve power by reducing the frequency with which they request updates. Location API can be used to perform automatic actions when a user enters or leaves a specific geographic boundary.
- Google Drive API– The Google Drive API extends the capabilities of other apps by allowing them to share and store files in Google Drive.
- Other Services– Leaderboards and achievements are used to create a more competitive and immersive experience in multiplayer gaming sessions. The Saved Games API guarantees that you do not lose your progress by syncing and saving your game data.
- Google+ Platform– You may have encountered apps that provide you with a “Sign in with Google+” feature, which allows you to use a single username and password to access multiple accounts on multiple apps.
- Google Cast– Google Cast is a feature that allows Android applications to cast content on-screen to other devices.
- Google Mobile Ads– Google Mobile Ads allows app developers to integrate advertisements into their applications and to display ads that are tailored to users’ locations or browsing histories.
Why do Google Play Services require so many permissions?
The Google Play Services app requires numerous permissions to access body sensors, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, phone, SMS, and storage. It does so because it serves as a hub that other apps rely on for security services provided by Google. Google Play Services is a system-level app, which gives it access to multiple internal features. It also hides sensitive information from other apps. Almost all Google apps use Google Play Services.
What permissions does Google Play Services need?
Google Play Services requires several device permissions to function in its full capacity. The app asks for the following permissions:
- Device & app history
- Device ID & call information
- Phone (call dialing)
- Wearable sensors/activity data
Most of the time our team provides the beta version of Play Services, the beta version is less stable than the real version. Maybe while using some application the app might crash or some of the app features will not work properly. The users who are using the older version of the Android operating system (Android 4.0 less) or devices without the Google Play services app are not supported.
For more information and latest Android APK’s stay tuned with GN Radar.