All the Apple users out there are very well aware that Apple keeps coming up with some new updates for both Mac as well as iOS. Here we are talking about macOS Monterey, now Apple has introduced the second beta for its macOS Monterey and it is something that is going to completely transform your experience of using a mac.
Steps to Download and Install macOS 12 Monterey (Beta)
- If you want to install the public beta of macOS Monterey, you first need to sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program.
- After that users will get a notification in their Mac’s that a new public beta is available.
- Now open System Preferences and then select ‘Software Update’.
- In that section you will find the macOS 12 Monterey public beta.
- Then click Update. (If you don’t find the update button then you have to restart your laptop.)
- Click on the public beta, and follow the instructions to download and install it.
What’s New in macOS 12 Monterey
Here are some of the amazing things that you will experience in this new macOS Monterey –
- In this new update, FaceTime has got a really big update which you must not have experienced before! Here are all the things that has been introduced to it:
- SharePlay – Apple has introduced SharePlay in FaceTime which allows you to do different things while you are doing FaceTime with someone. You can watch TV, movies or listen to music during FaceTime and also share your screen with your friends so that you all enjoy it together.
- Spatial Audio – In order to give you a more natural experience while you are talking with someone over FaceTime, Apple has introduced Spatial Audio which is better than ever.
- Mic Modes – There are different mic modes which you will be able to set according to your preferences to have the best and natural experience.
- Portrait Mode – With the portrait mode on FaceTime calls, you will be able to put the focus on yourself by blurring the background.
- Send Invites – You will also be able to send invites to your friends or families via link so that they can also join you on FaceTime.
- Just like FaceTime, Messages has also got a major update that you just cannot miss!
- Shared With You – All the thinks that has been shared with you via messages will now be shown in a corresponding app called Shared With You. This is going to make things more organised and easy for you.
- Photo Collection – Whenever someone send multiple photos to you, it will appear in a smart photo collection which is highly attractive.
- Safari has got a smart upgrade this time to give you the best experience, here is how –
- Streamlined Tab Bar – The tab bar has got a smart upgrade which is making it to look more attractive and organised.
- Tab Groups – You can easily organise your tabs in the tab group which makes it easier for you to work. You can name different tab groups and organise them well.
- Quick notes helps you to create notes instantly no matter where you are or what you are doing.
- Put Anything and Everything – You will be able to put anything on your Quick Notes, be it a link, Safari Highlights, tags or anything else.
- Find Quick Note Easily – Whenever you go back to any app or website whose link you’ve added into the Quick Notes, it will also show you the thumbnail of your notes so that you can find it easily.
- Privacy is one of the most important thing and with this new update, it has been enhanced really well –
- Recording Indicator – It will show you an indicator in the control centre so that you will be able to know which app is having mic access.
- Mail Privacy Protection – Mail Privacy Protection is there to add an another level of security and privacy to your emails.
macOS 12 Monterey Release Date
According to the rumours, the MacOS 12 Monterey will be available by the end of August, 2021.
Which Mac will run macOS 12 Monterey
- iMac late 2015 and later
- iMac Pro 2017 and later
- MacBook Air early 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro early 2015 and later
- Mac Pro late 2013 and later
- Mac mini late 2014 and later
- MacBook early 2016 and later
There is a lot more than this that you will get to explore in macOS Monterey and it is quite obvious that it is going to completely change your experience!